Domestic electrician covering Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, and Buckinghamshire

About Part P

In January 2005, Part P of the Building Regulations came into force. These regulations introduced safety standards to electrical installations within domestic properties.

This means that, with few exceptions, any electrical work undertaken in your home (such as a replacement consumer unit, the addition of a new electrical circuit, or work in your bathroom) must be notified to the Local Authority Building Control for inspection.

By using a contractor who is registered with a Competent Persons Scheme such as ELECSA, the contractor will be able to self-certify that the work meets the required standards and that it has been notified to the local authority.

ELECSA approved contractors have been independently assessed to ensure that they operate to the highest safety standards. If the work you've had done is affected by Part P, Bucks Electrician will notify ELECSA of the job done and you will receive a building compliance certificate so that you know that the work has been registered with your Local Authority Building Control.

You will almost certainly have to produce this certificate at a later date, for example if you sell your property, so it is important that you use a Part P registered electrician for all notifiable work.